Sunday, July 27, 2008

I just can't imagine what will come next.

There are two new software applications that developers are focusing on that are so amazing, and a little scary. Obviously if this type of technology has filtered down to the consumer, it's not necessarily brand new, but just new to us. There is no telling what they are working on as you read this.

The first one I downloaded for free to the iphone from the Apple Applications store; it took about 10 seconds, and I now have a little widget called Shazam. If you hear a song on the radio, and you find yourself saying: "I wonder who sings that song and what is the title of that catchy little ditty?", simply press your Shazam widget, and after Shazam listens for a few seconds through the iphone's built in microphone, up pops the song title, the artist, and the option to purchase and download to your phone. Are you kidding me?!!

The truth is, it does not work 100%of the time, yet, but give it time and you know it will.

I found out about this other application on TED.com. By using tag words, this software can create a virtual photo from all photos on any given subject that have been downloaded to the web. Make sure and watch the video all the way till it finishes; the mind blowing stuff is at the end!


No comments: